Future Students

Military Friendly SchoolServices for Veterans

''See also: Military Transcript Evaluation Policy


The point-of-contact information for veteran questions is Trudy Carey, Director of Veteran Services.  She may be contacted by calling (406) 581-5953, or (406) 657-2283 or e-mailing veterans@msubillings.edu.

Visit our Facebook page to stay current on campus events and activities.

March 2015 Events for Veterans

Lunch and Learns on Wednesdays from 11:30 to 1:30
Snack and Chats on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 3:00


Spring Break - March 2-6

City College

Wednesday, March 11
George Blackard, American Legion

Tuesday, March 17
Michael Worsley, Vet Center; Trudy Carey, Disability Support Services

Thursday, March 19
Jim Walsh, Personal Financial Counseling Military and Family

Wednesday, March 25
Marilyn Warren, Certifying Official; Chris Grudzinski, VFW

Tuesday, March 31
Justin Beach, Financial Aid; Michelle Schraudner, Career Services, Dan Altmaier, Job Service (bring your resume to get helpful input)

University campus

Tuesday, March 10
Justin Beach Financial Aid; Trudy Carey, Disability Support Services

Thursday, March 12
Michelle Schraudner, Career Services

Wednesday, March 18
George Blackard, American Legion

Tuesday, March 24
Michael Worsley, Vet Center; Dan Altmaier, Job Service

Thursday, March 26
Jim Walsh Personal Financial Counseling Military and Family; Kim Marmon, SWAMMEI Grant

Additional guests are added from time to time, so check Facebook for the accurate list each week.

Veterans' Benefits

To activate your VA Educational Benefits contact the VA Representative in the Admissions and Records office in McMullen Hall.

Marilyn Warren at (406) 657-1782 or
e-mail mwarren@msubillings.edu.

For assistance on the posting of your VA Educational benefits please contact the Business Services office in McMullen Hall.

Connie Rohrdanzat (406) 657-1707 or
e-mail connie.rohrdanz@msubillings.edu

For more detailed information about your benefits, please refer to www.va.gov

Veterans' Upward Bound

Veterans' Upward Bound is a Department of Education program designed to help military veterans refresh their academic skills so that they can successfully complete postsecondary education. Services are free to eligible veterans.

(406) 657-2075

Student Veteran Organization

There are many veterans on campus, and they face similar
concerns and challenges as they navigate through the many
steps of enrolling in and attending college. We want to assist
with the environment change and let them know that we are a

Francisco Saldivar (francisco.saldivar@msubillings.edu)
Elizabeth Fullon (efullon@msubillings.edu)


The MSU Billings Army ROTC Yellowjacket Company challenges you to enroll in the most exciting course on campus. We attract and train top quality student-athlete-leaders from high schools and on-campus.

(406) 247-5733

For more information, go to: www.msubillings.edu/ROTC/

Financial Aid

To Download and apply for the VETERANS' FEE WAIVER, go to http://www.msubillings.edu/finaid/Waivers.htm and click on the Veteran Tuition Waiver Application.

You can also apply for Federal Financial Aid by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov. The school code for MSU Billings is 002530. You can also apply for MSUB scholarships at www.msubillings.edu/scholarships/

(406) 657-2188


Veterans Resources Guide


Veterans Lounges Now Open!

Dedication of the Veterans Lounge at City College at MSU BillingsThe veterans’ lounge on main campus is on the 2nd floor of the Student Union Building and is open weekdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 pm for veterans to use to relax, watch TV, play x-box, eat, meet, study, etc. There is also a veterans’ lounge on the City College campus on the 2nd floor of the Tech Building.

Find us on Facebook for details!

Student Opportunity Services

Student Opportunity Services (SOS)/TRiO is a Federally funded TRiO program. SOS/TRiO provides support for students seeking academic development, and assists students with basic college requirements by motivating students toward successful completion of their college

(406) 657-2162

Prior Learning Assessment

Further ways of earning credit include departmental challenges (Modern Language, for instance), Prior Learning Assessment, and credit awarded for military experience or programs accredited through the American Council on Education (ACE) and the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS).

Questions may be directed to:

Admissions & Records
(406) 657-2158
e-mail: registrar@msubillings.edu
Apply for Admission

Disability Support Services

If you have a documented physical or learning disabilty and need accomodations in the classroom or on campus please contact our Disability Support Services Office.

Trudy Carey at (406) 657-2283 or
e-mail tcarey@msubillings.edu

Online Degrees / Programs

Maybe you are place bound or maybe the idea of taking a class whenever you want appeals to you. No Problem. We have more than 240 classes and over 15 degree programs you can enroll in online. In fact, MSU Billings is Montana’s leader in online higher education.


State of Montana Veterans Affairs Division

Adobe Acrobat icon Get Printer-Friendly Version of this Information (PDF)

Additional Information

Montana University System Links

Montana University System Veterans website

U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs Links

The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs.

Many Veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one education benefits program, including the:

The Post-9/11 GI-Bill

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Changes to the Post-9/11 GI Bill are now available.

To see what the Post-9/11 GI Bill will pay eligible individuals, visit gibill.va.gov

The Post-9/11 GI Bill also offers some service members the opportunity to transfer their GI Bill to dependents.
For a copy of the Post-9/11 GI Bill pamphlet click here.

Source: United States Department of Veterans Affairs http://www.gibill.va.gov/.

Back to Top

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
YouTube icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings | webmaster@msubillings.edu