Future Students

Services for Veterans

See also: Military Transcript Evaluation Policy




Visit our Facebook page to stay current on campus events and activities.


Veterans' Benefits

To activate your VA Educational Benefits contact the VA Representative in the Admissions and Records office in McMullen Hall.


Marilyn Warren at (406) 657-1782 or
e-mail mwarren@msubillings.edu.
McMullen First Floor West


For assistance on the posting of your VA Educational benefits please contact the Business Services office in McMullen Hall.


Connie Rohrdanzat (406) 657-1707 or
e-mail connie.rohrdanz@msubillings.edu
McMullen Ground Level West


For more detailed information about your benefits, please refer to www.va.gov


Veterans' Upward Bound

Veterans' Upward Bound is a Department of Education program designed to help military veterans refresh their academic skills so that they can successfully complete postsecondary education. Services are free to eligible veterans.


(406) 657-2075
Cisel Hall 104


Student Veteran Organization

There are many veterans on campus, and they face similar concerns and challenges as they navigate through the many steps of enrolling in and attending college. We want to assist with the environment change and let them know that we are a community.


Clinton Culp (406) 657-2372
Elizabeth Fullon (efullon@msubillings.edu)



The MSU Billings Army ROTC Yellowjacket Company challenges you to enroll in the most exciting course on campus. We attract and train top quality student-athlete-leaders from high schools and on-campus.


(406) 247-5733
McMullen 4th Floor


For more information, visit the MSUB Army ROTC website.


*Academic Advising & Career Services

McMullen Hall, First Floor West - University Campus
Tech Building, Jacket Student Central - City College Campus
We encourage all new, transfer, and returning students to visit us and meet with an academic advisor. Our goal is to assist you in designing an academic plan which enables you to complete your program requirements as efficiently as possible. *Student must apply for admission and have been accepted before scheduling an appointment and meeting with an Academic & Career Advisor.

University 657-2240
e-mail: advising@msubillings.edu

City College 247-3019
e-mail: ccadvising@msubillings.edu


Financial Aid

To Download and apply for the VETERANS' FEE WAIVER, go to and click on the Veteran Tuition Waiver Application.


You can also apply for Federal Financial Aid online. The school code for MSU Billings is 002530. You can also apply for MSUB scholarships online.


(406) 657-2188
Financial Aid Website
McMullen First Floor East


Disability Support Services


If you have a documented physical or learning disability and need accomodations in the classroom or on campus please contact our Disability Support Services Office.


Call Trudy Carey at (406) 657-2283 or send her an email.

arrow_forwardVeterans Resources Guide


Veterans Lounges


The veterans’ lounge on main campus is on the 2nd floor of the Student Union Building and is open weekdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 pm for veterans to use to relax, watch TV, play x-box, eat, meet, study, etc.


There is also a veterans’ lounge on the City College campus on the 2nd floor of the Tech Building.


Find us on Facebook for details!


Prior Learning Assessment


Further ways of earning credit include departmental challenges (Modern Language, for instance), Prior Learning Assessment, and credit awarded for military experience or programs accredited through the American Council on Education (ACE) and the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS).

Questions may be directed to:


Admissions & Records
(406) 657-2158
e-mail: registrar@msubillings.edu
Prior Learning information online




Student Success Services


Student Success Services (SSS)/TRiO is a Federally funded TRiO program. SSS/TRiO provides support for students seeking academic development, and assists students with basic college requirements by motivating students toward successful completion of their college 


(406) 657-2162 
MSUB SSS Website
Library, Room 141


Online Degrees/Programs


Maybe you are place bound or maybe the idea of taking a class whenever you want appeals to you. No Problem. We have more than 240 classes and over 15 degree programs you can enroll in online. In fact, MSU Billings is Montana’s leader in online higher education ... LEARN MORE



State of Montana Veterans Affairs Division


Get Printer-Friendly Version of this Information (PDF)


Additional Information


Montana University System Links

""Montana University System Veterans website


Prepare for College

College 101

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Money Management and Budgeting

U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs Links

The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs.


Many Veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one education benefits program, including the:

The Post-9/11 GI-Bill

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Changes to the Post-9/11 GI Bill are now available.


To see what the Post-9/11 GI Bill will pay eligible individuals, visit gibill.va.gov


The Post-9/11 GI Bill also offers some service members the opportunity to transfer their GI Bill to dependents.

For a copy of the Post-9/11 GI Bill pamphlet click here.


Source: United States Department of Veterans Affairs http://www.gibill.va.gov/.