University Admission Procedures for High School Students

  1. Application for Admission and $30 Application Fee
    Complete and submit the application for admission along with a $30 non-refundable application fee to the Office of Admissions & Records. You may also complete and submit the application for admission online.


  2. High School Transcript, GED, or ACT COMPASS Scores
    If you are a first-time student, submit a copy of your current high school transcript and a final high school transcript when you graduate, GED scores, or ACT COMPASS scores.


  3. ACT or SAT Scores
    If you are a first-time student who has graduated from high school within the last 3 years, request your ACT or SAT scores to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions & Records.
    Note: City College at MSU Billings students are not required to take the ACT/SAT.


  4. All Previous College Transcripts
    If you have taken any previous college level courses, please submit the transcripts from those institutions.


  5. Immunization Records
    If you were born after December 31, 1956, submit proof of immunization that was administered after December 31, 1967. The immunization dates must be after your first birthday. Requirements include proof of two (2) doses of immunization against measles (Rubeola) and (2) doses of immunization against Rubella given at least 30 days apart. Include a month/day/year. Any immunizations administered after June 11, 1993, must be an MMR. The record must be signed by a physician, health agency, or school official.

For complete admissions requirements, please visit the Montana Board of Regents website:

See also:

Apply for Admission

Application Forms for U.S. Students

Application Forms & Information for International Students

You May Also Need...


University Connections for High School Students


Get a jump start on earning your college degree! Enroll in college courses while you are still in high school. Get more information here.


Non-Degree Seeking Students


A non-degree seeking student is an applicant who wishes to pursue studies for personal growth and who does not wish to work toward a formal degree at Montana State University Billings. Get more information here.



A-Z Index










Master Calendar