Annual Fund for Excellence
The annual fund at Montana State University-Billings is called the Annual Drive for Excellence because it provides the educational enhancements that help ensure academic excellence. Over the years, the Annual Drive for Excellence has helped support the education of thousands of talented men and women. The generous support of alumni, friends, and businesses is helping the University further its mission each year.
Whatever the amount, your gift to the Annual Drive is important because it has an immediate and tangible impact on students, faculty, and academic programs. Annual gifts may be restricted to a particular college or program or left unrestricted to be used where the need is greatest.
Impact of your Gift
Gifts to the Annual Drive for Excellence give many students the gift of opportunity. Annual gifts are used for immediate needs such as scholarships, classroom tools, study aids, library materials, laboratory supplies, computers, faculty enrichment, and program enhancement.
- Scholarships are perhaps the most significant way donors touch the lives of students. More than 85% of MSU Billings students receive some type of financial assistance.
- Up-to-date equipment, computers, and classroom materials are integral to a quality education. Annual gifts make it possible to update and replace library materials, technology, laboratory supplies and study aids.
- Faculty enrichment is vital to educational excellence at MSU Billings. We are proud of our exceptional faculty and strive to provide every opportunity to expand their teaching skills. Annual gifts help to ensure that faculty attend conferences and complete research in their fields.
- Exceptional programs are the cornerstone of MSU Billings. Ongoing program enhancement reflects our commitment to “Access and excellence”. With your help, several new programs have been added or expanded including the Online University, the Downtown Campus, the Honors Program, and the introduction of the College of Allied Health Professions.
Ways To Give
You can make an annual gift to the MSU Billings Foundation using one of the following methods:
- Pledges enable a donor to consider a more significant gift than would have been otherwise possible. Terms for payment on pledges are flexible and at the discretion of the donor.
- Cash is often the most convenient form of giving. Cash gifts are fully deductible for income tax purposes, provided deductions are itemized.
- Securities may be used as outright gifts, as a pledge payment, or to establish a deferred gift. Stock certificates may be assigned directly to the Montana State University-Billings Foundation or may be electronically transferred through the donor’s broker. The average market value of the stocks on the date of transfer will determine the value of the gift for tax purposes. In addition to receiving federal and state tax deductions based on the full fair market value, capital gains tax is avoided when stock is transferred directly to the Foundation. Please consult with a Foundation staff member before a transaction is made to secure asset transfer information. For general questions regarding securities, contact the Foundation office.
- Online giving is a quick and easy way to make a gift or to pay on a pledge. Our safe and secure website allows you to make a gift 24 hours a day. Give now with our electronic donation form or contact Jill Krueger, Director of Annual Giving.
Community Drive is a massive volunteer effort to encourage alumni, community members, MSU Billings faculty and staff, and businesses to invest in Montana State University-Billings.
Contributions to the Annual Drive are used for immediate needs on campus and directly impact the lives of those who live, learn, and teach at MSU Billings. Thousands of students benefit from the Annual Drive every day.
Interested in becoming a volunteer for the Annual Drive for Excellence? Please contact Jill Krueger for information.
The Phonathon provides an opportunity for current students to communicate on a personal level with alumni. More importantly, it is a great opportunity to ask alumni to financially support the university.
All our alumni and friends are given the opportunity to make a gift each fall by mail. When you receive a request for support please take a moment to review the funding needs that appeal to you. Whatever the amount of your gift, it will make a difference.
Has your address changed recently? Please contact Phyllis Kerr, Research and Records Coordinator, to update your information.
Did you know it is possible to double or even triple the value of your gift to MSU Billings if your company matches employee contributions to higher education? The Matching Gift process is a simple and easy way to increase the impact of your gift.
your personnel office for eligibility requirements and
application form. (Remember, many companies also match the
gifts of retirees, spouses, and surviving spouses.)
your company's procedures and complete the appropriate form.
- Mail your completed form to the MSU Billings Foundation, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101
Questions? Send Email to Jill Krueger