MSUB Billings CARES Act application information
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Please read further for eligibility requirements and guidelines provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
CARES Act Emergency Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student at MSU Billings
- Department of Education guidelines excludes students in 100% online programs and dual enrollment students.
- Eligible to receive Title IV Federal Financial Aid – You received federal financial aid Spring 2020.
- Experiencing unexpected financial hardship resulting from the coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak.
- BE ADVISED: Institutions are required to confirm a student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress prior to CARES Act consideration. If you are currently on financial aid suspension, you may regain eligibility for CARES Act funding upon a successful appeal of your suspension. Read the appeal information.
CARES Act Emergency Grant Guidelines
What this grant covers related to emergency or unforeseen circumstances:
- Technology and connectivity needs related to distance learning
- Textbooks and other instructional expenses
- Overdue utility bills threatening a turn-off notice
- Sudden loss of Housing/Rent
- Personal Automobile/Travel
- Other emergency or unforeseen circumstances
What this grant does NOT Cover:
- Legal Fines/Expenses
- Parking Tickets/Fines
- Costs of entertainment, recreation, or non-emergency travel
- Compensation for loss of employment
- Tuition and fees outstanding to the college
The fastest way to receive the CARES Act grant:
- Apply for CARES Act funds by completing this application.
- Go to msubillings.edu/Myinfo to confirm your mailing address and email address are correct.
- In Myinfo, sign up for direct deposit. Direct deposit is the quickest way to receive the CARES Act funds.
Apply for CARES Act funds by completing this application and submitting it to email@example.com. Funds will be awarded to Title IV eligible students enrolled spring 2020 who apply by the June 30, 2020 priority deadline. MSUB will make every effort to award eligible students within ten days of receiving the CARES Act application.
If you have questions, please email Director of Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org.