MSUB Billings CARES Act application information
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Please read further for eligibility requirements and guidelines provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
CARES Act Emergency Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student at MSU Billings Summer 2020 or Fall 2020
- Department of Education guidelines excludes students in 100% online programs and dual enrollment students.
- Eligible to receive Title IV Federal Financial Aid – You received federal financial aid Summer 2020 or eligible for Fall 2020.
- Experiencing unexpected financial hardship resulting from the coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak.
U.S. Department of Education CARES Act Emergency Grant Guidelines
What this grant covers related to emergency or unforeseen circumstances:
- Technology and connectivity needs related to distance learning
- Textbooks and other instructional expenses
- Overdue utility bills threatening a turn-off notice
- Sudden loss of Housing/Rent
- Personal Automobile/Travel
- Other emergency or unforeseen circumstances
What this grant does NOT Cover:
- Legal Fines/Expenses
- Parking Tickets/Fines
- Costs of entertainment, recreation, or non-emergency travel
- Compensation for loss of employment
- Tuition and fees outstanding to the college
The fastest way to receive the CARES Act grant
- Apply for CARES Act funds by completing the appropriate Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 application.
- Go to msubillings.edu/Myinfo to confirm your mailing address and email address are correct.
- In Myinfo, sign up for direct deposit. Direct deposit is the quickest way to receive the CARES Act funds.
Apply for CARES Act funds by completing the appropriate application above and submitting it to email@example.com. Until the funds are expended, funds are awarded to Title IV eligible students in the following priority order: Spring 2020, Summer 2020 and Fall 2020.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.