Creating and managing a personal chat room
You can create personal chats to talk with peers or other friends at your organization. You can create personal chats from any org unit, and you can access them within any other org unit.
Personal chat rooms can only be accessed by users who have been added to the personal chat’s Participant List. When users are added, the chat room displays under Personal Chats in their list of chats.
Note Depending on your permissions, you may not be able to create personal chats.
Create a personal chat room
- On the Chat List page, click New Chat.
- Enter a Title.
- Click Personal Chat.
- Enter a Description of the chat.
- Click Create.
Tip Give your chat a unique, descriptive name and provide a description for it using the Description field to help users distinguish the chat from other chats they are enrolled in.
Add users to a personal chat
- On the Chat List page, click View members from the context menu of the personal chat you want to add users to.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Add Members. You can add users from different course offerings by clicking Select Different Course.
- If you want to add a personal contact, click Add Personal Contact.
- Select the check box beside the name of users you want to add.
- Click Add.
- When you are finished, click Done.
Remove users from a personal chat
- On the Chat List page, click View members from the context menu of the personal chat you want to remove users from.
- On the Chat Members page, select the check box beside the users you want to remove.
- Click Delete at the top of the list.
- Click Done.
Edit a personal chat room
You can edit the title and description of chats you create.
- On the Chat List page, click Edit from the context menu of the chat you want to modify.
- Make your changes.
- Click Save.
Delete a personal chat room
- On the Chat List page, click Delete from the context menu of the chat you want to delete.
- Click Delete in the confirmation message.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.