Screen magnifiers, zooming and color contrast accessibility features
The Desire2Learn Learning Suite includes a number of features aimed at improving the usability of the system for assistive technology users. The following list outlines some of the design decisions that benefit people that use screen magnifiers, zooming functionality and color contrast functionality:
- Standard page designs. Similar functionality is located in the same place and accessed in the same way across tools.
- Support for browser and assistive technology scaling (zooming) and contrast options. System content uses styles that can be overwritten by cascading style sheets (CSS), although the complexity of the system requires detailed style sheets.
Note Courses that use legacy navbars don't scale as well.
- Full keyboard accessibility. The tab order is logical, and tab focus is visually indicated.
- Accessibility standards compliant code. If your screen magnifier supports basic screen reader features, such as reading the cursor location or navigating by links, you can use these features effectively.
- User Preferences for simplifying the layout of many tools. Additional accessibility related preferences, including the ability to change system fonts and font size and the ability to turn off the HTML Editor (WYSIWYG).
- System information is not communicated by color alone.
- All pages meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA requirements for color contrast (with the exception of user-generated content).
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.