Use reflections to discuss items in your portfolio, record your
thoughts on topics that interest you, set goals, and think critically
about your learning.
Access the Reflections area
- Click the ePortfolio link in the navigation bar or My Settings widget.
- Click Reflections in the left tool menu.
Add a reflection
- Click New Reflection on the main Reflections page.
- Give your reflection a Title.
- Enter your thoughts in the Reflection field.
- Add any Tags you want the reflection to have.
- Click Save.
Associating reflections with artifacts, collections or presentations
Reflections may be independent portfolio items or associated with
artifacts, collections, or presentations. Associating reflections with
other items helps other users see the relationship between the items
and makes it easier to revisit your goals and assumptions later.
Reflections are only visible to other users if you share them or you
add them to a collection or presentation. Associating them with another
item does not automatically share them. When you share a reflection
that is associated with an item, users may view the associated item
when viewing the reflection. If you include a reflection in a
collection or presentation, it inherits the permissions of that
collection or presentation.
Associate a reflection with an artifact, collection or presentation
- Create and save a reflection or edit an existing reflection.
- Click the Add button in the Associated Items area that appears.
- Select whether you want to associate the reflection with An Artifact, A Collection or A Presentation.
- Select the appropriate item from the list of items that appears, and click Add.
- Click Save on the Edit Reflection page.
© 1999-2010 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.