Inserting tables using the HTML Editor
Insert a table
- Place your cursor where you want the table to appear in your content.
- Click the Inserts a new table icon.
- Adjust the general properties, such as the number of columns and rows, and click Insert. A table, with the rows and columns that you have specified, is inserted into the HTML Editor ready for content and formatting.
After you have inserted a table into the HTML Editor, you can modify its appearance by using the Insert/Modify table pop-up window.
Edit table properties
- Right-click anywhere in your table.
- Click Table properties.
- Using the various properties settings in both the General tab and Advanced tab, you can format your table’s dimensions, color, borders, alignment, and more.
You can specify the appearance of a single cell inside a table from the table cell properties screen.
Edit cell properties
- Right-click inside the cell that you want to modify.
- Click Cell, then click Table cell properties.
- Using the various properties settings in both the General tab and Advanced tab, you can format your cell’s dimensions, color, borders, alignment, and more.
- Use the Update drop-down list to choose whether to update the current cell only, all cells in the current row, all cells in the current column, or all cells in the table.
- Click Update.
Add, edit, move, and delete rows, columns, and cells
Once you have created a table, you can add additional rows and columns to your table, remove existing ones, merge or split cells, and delete individual cells.
- Place the cursor over the applicable cell in the table and right-click to reveal the action menu.
- Select the appropriate action from the Cell, Row, and Col action menus:
- Insert row before
- Insert row after
- Delete row
- Insert column before
- Insert column after
- Remove column
- Merge table cells
- Split merged table cells
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.