All courses are initially set up with a default course homepage by your system administration. Use the Homepage Management tool to create a new homepage and set it as the active homepage for your course. You can then add or remove widgets, customize their appearance, and create custom widgets to expand the functionality of your course homepage.
Important Course homepages might be enforced by your organization. If so, the homepage listed on Homepages displays Enforced, and you cannot change your active homepage.
Create a new course homepage
- Click Manage the homepages for this Org Unit in the bottom right corner of the homepage.
- Click Create Homepage.
- Enter a Name and Description for your homepage.
- Select Include custom homepage header to add a header to your homepage below the navbar.
- Choose Org Unit name to add the org unit name below the navbar
- Choose Custom to add a custom header below the navbar.
Note Replace strings are placeholders that refer to information in Learning Environment; the system replaces these placeholders with the corresponding information when you apply them to a homepage header.
- Depending on your permissions, you can choose between the following Homepage Type Options:
- Design a widget-based homepage This displays a standard homepage with various widgets.
- Make an existing tool the homepage This displays a system tool, such as Content, as your homepage.
- Make an existing URL the homepage This displays an external web page as your course homepage.
- For a widget-based homepage, click Change Layout to choose a layout for your homepage.
- Click Add Widgets to add widgets to your homepage. See Adding and moving widgets on your homepages for information about arranging widgets.
- Style your added widgets by adjusting their properties. See Editing widget display for information about applying custom styles to widgets.
- Click Save and Close.
Activating your course homepage
Your new course homepage is not available until you set it as the active homepage for your course.
- Select the homepage you want for your course from the Active Homepage drop-down list.
- Click Apply.
- Creating and editing custom widgets
- Adding and moving widgets on your homepages
- Editing widget display
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.