Self-enrollment allows users to enroll in groups on their own. Use this option when you want users to have the freedom to choose their own group members or to be a part of a group on a topic that interests them.
Users can self enroll in groups by clicking the Choose Group link beside the name of a group category set up for self enrollment. The link displays at the top of the user’s Groups page when self-enrollment is available.
Note If a group is full, the total listed in the Members column appears in red with the word ‘Full’ beside it.
Tip Clicking on the total listed in the Members column opens the Group Members pop-up containing a list of current group members.
Set up self enrollment groups
- On the Manage Groups page, click New Category.
- Enter a Category Name and Description.
- Select "Groups of # - Self Enrollment" or "# of Groups – Self Enrollment" from the Enrollment Type drop-down list.
- Depending on the chosen Enrollment Type, enter the Number of Groups to create, or the Number of Users per group.
- Select Set Up Discussion Areas if you want to associate discussion areas with the groups in the category.
- Select Set Up Locker if you want to associate locker areas with the groups in the category.
- Select Set Up Dropbox if you want to associate dropbox folders with the groups in the category.
- Click Save.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.