Create group work areas for users with the Manage Groups tool. You can use groups to organize users’ work on projects and assignments, or you can create special work areas for users with different learning needs.
Users can belong to multiple groups within the same course. For example, each user can simultaneously belong to a group for class projects, a group for special interest discussions, and a group for advanced users. Each group can have its own discussion forums, dropbox folders, and locker area to work in. You can grade members of groups individually or as a team.
Access the Groups tool
Do one of the following:
- Click Groups on the navbar.
- Click Edit Course on the navbar, click Groups from the Learner Management section on the Course Administration page.
- Click Groups in the Course Administration widget.
Groups help topics
- Understanding how groups are set up
- Creating a group category
- Creating a group
- Editing groups and categories
- Deleting groups and categories
- Enrolling users in groups
- Deleting a user from a group
- Setting up self-enrollment in groups
- What users see in the Groups tool
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.