Use the Grades tool to check your grades on assignments and tests. You can see your individual grades and comments, as well as class averages and feedback. You can also view your final grade and the grade formula used to evaluate you if your grades are released.
Course designers can set up grade books that reflect their approach to evaluation. You control the grading formula used to calculate grades, what projects, assignments, tests, etc. are graded, how grade items are associated with other tools, and when grades are released to users and what information they see.
Before you create a grade book, you should be familiar with the concepts the Grades tool uses:
A grade book is a list of items on which you evaluate users’ performance. Grade items can include assignments, tests, discussion posts, participation, and so on. Together, the items in a grade book represent all the work that you evaluate users on in a course.
Before you can use the Grades tool, you must set up a grade book.
Before you set up a grade book in Learning Environment, you should know:
- What grade items you plan to evaluate users on.
- How much each grade item should be worth.
- How you want grade items to be evaluated.
- How you want to calculate final grades.
Although you can adjust your grade book later, making changes to how the grade book is structured or calculated after users’ grades have been entered can significantly change your data.
Access the Grades tool
Click Grades on the navbar.
Grades help topics
- Understanding grading systems
- Understanding final grade calculations
- Creating a grade book with the Grades Setup Wizard
- Optimal Grades tool settings for large courses
- Changing grades settings
- Understanding grade schemes
- Creating a grade scheme
- Managing grade schemes
- Creating a grade book category
- Creating a grade item
- Managing grade categories and items
- Entering grades
- Importing and exporting grades
- Calculating final grades
- Editing the calculated or adjusted final grade
- Manage Grades Event Log
- Tracking grades with User Progress
- Creating a formula in the grades formula editor
- Viewing grade statistics
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.