Managing dropbox submissions
Table of contents
- Restrict the number of files allowed per submission
- Change how subsequent file submissions are handled
- Download files
- Bulk publish feedback
- Email users from Dropbox
- Email users who have not submitted an assignment to the dropbox folder
- Mark assignments as read or unread
- Flag dropbox assignments
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, go to the Submission Options section and select one of the following Files Allowed Per Submission options:
- One file per submission
- Click Save.
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, go to the Submissions Options section and select one of the following Submissions options:
- Keep all submissions
- Overwrite submissions
- Only one submission allowed
- Click Save.
- On the Folder Submissions page, do one of the following:
- On the Users tab, select the users or groups you want to download assignments for.
- On the Files tab, select the files you want to download.
- Click the Download submissions icon at the top or bottom of the list.
- Click the name of the zip file created.
- Use your browser’s save dialog to save the file to the appropriate location.
Files are renamed to include the user or group name and submission time when you download them.
Downloading assignments changes their status to Read.
- In the Users tab on the Folder Submissions page, select the check box beside the users you want to send feedback to.
Note If you select users who already received published feedback, bulk publishing simply updates their feedback to the latest feedback.
- Click Publish feedback for selected users.
Note You cannot revert bulk publishing, but you can retract feedback for users individually on the Leave Feedback page. See Retract published feedback for more information.
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click on the dropbox folder that contains users you want to email.
- On the Folder Submissions page do one of the following:
- Click on a user's name.
- Select the check box beside each user or group you want to email and click Email selected users/groups.
- Enter your message in the Compose New Message pop-up. (See Creating and sending email for more information.)
- Click Send.
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click on the dropbox folder that contains users who have not submitted an assignment.
- On the Folder Submissions page, click Email Users Without Submissions or click Email Groups Without Submissions.
- Type your message in the Compose New Message pop-up. (See Creating and sending email for more information.) The email addresses of the selected users populate automatically in the To field of the message.
- Click Send.
Note If any member of a group submits an assignment to a group dropbox folder, no one in that group is emailed when Email Unsubmitted Groups is selected.
Do one of the following:
- On the Folder Submissions page, click the Read or Unread icon beside the name of the file you want to mark.
- Select the files you want to mark as read or unread, and click the Display submissions for selected users as unread or Display submissions for selected users as read icons at the top or bottom of the list.
Note When you open or download a file, the Dropbox tool marks it as Read.
On the Folder Submissions page, click the Flagged or Unflagged icon beside an item's name.
Note You can use the Files tab to search for flagged submissions.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.