The Discussions tool is a collaboration area to post, read, and reply to messages on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions, share files, or work with your peers on assignments and homework.
Use the Discussions tool in your course to:
- encourage users to share thoughts on course material with their peers
- set up forums for users to ask questions
- pose a question for the class to debate
- discuss the answers to an assignment
- create forums for groups to work on group assignments
Access the Discussions tool
Click Discussions on the navbar.
Discussions help topics
- Creating discussion forums and topics
- Managing forums, topics and messages
- Moderating discussions and approving messages
- Assessing (evaluating) a discussion topic
- Viewing and exporting discussion statistics
- Restricting access to discussion forums and topics
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.