About Instructional Design Wizard
The Instructional Design Wizard provides you with a step-by-step process for:
- Defining course learning objectives.
- Incorporating assessment activities.
- Identifying appropriate instructional methods and activities.
- Recommending tools that support the learning experiences you want to provide in your course.
- Promoting alignment between learning experiences and Bloom’s Taxonomy.
As you progress through the wizard, it creates a course structure using placeholders in the Course Builder and reviews instructional design strategies.
The Instructional Design Wizard promotes the following instructional design best practices and concepts for course design:
- Understanding learner personas.
- Spending time early in the process to document your desired outcomes and learning goals for your course, including a mix of knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation objectives.
- Determining an appropriate mix of instructional strategies for the course and its lessons, including direct instruction, collaborative learning, independent learning, and experiential learning.
- Creating a variety of content-focused and application-focused learning experiences using Learning Environment tools and technology in different ways.
- Determining appropriate measurement and assessment strategies, including diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments to understand, customize, and accurately measure learning outcomes.
- Reviewing your course for appropriate length, distribution of experiences, etc.
The wizard goes through four main stages:
- defining your course's learning goals
- choosing activities that enable you to measure when learners accomplish objectives
- organizing your course's grade book to measure learners' accomplishments
- providing you a chance to review the course's design
When you run the wizard, you can go back to previous steps to refine inputs, save progress to continue at a later time, create additional course modules, or refine existing modules.
Access the wizard through one of the following:
- Click Instructional Design Wizard under Site Resources in the Course Administration widget.
- Click Edit Course on the navbar, then click Instructional Design Wizard.
- Click Instructional Design Wizard on the navbar.
Instructional Design Wizard help topics
- Creating instructional goals
- Creating learning activities and assessments
- Configuring how the wizard uses grade books
- Understanding the blueprint
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.