Removing links between competency elements (removing a parent or child)
You can remove the link between two elements without deleting either element. However, if either element is deleted, the link between them is automatically removed.
If you no longer want to attach a learning objective to a competency, you can go to the competency’s Structure page and remove the learning objective (listed under Children), or go to the learning objective’s Structure page and remove the competency (listed under Parents).
Note If you are using Competency Status, you cannot add or remove links that would change the definition of an Approved or Archived competency. The Add and Remove features is not displayed on the Structure page of an Approved or Archived competency or of a learning objective attached to an Approved or Archived competency.
Remove links between competency elements
- On the Competencies List page, click the element you want to remove links from.
- Click Structure from the context menu beside the Edit Learning Objective or Edit Learning Objective heading.
- Click the Edit Structure tab:
- Select the check boxes beside the parents you no longer want the current element linked to, and click the Delete icon in the corresponding table header.
- Select the check boxes beside the children you no longer want the current element linked to, and click the Delete icon in the corresponding table header.
Remove a link between an activity and a learning objective from another tool
- Do one of the following:
For Do this A dropbox activity On the Dropbox Folders page, click Edit from the context menu of the dropbox folder you want to remove a link from. A quiz activity On the Manage Quizzes page, click on the quiz you want to remove a link from. A survey activity On the Manage Surveys page, click on the survey you want to remove a link from. A grade item activity On the Manage Grades page, click on the grade item you want to remove a link from. A discussion topic activity On the Discussions List page, click Edit Topic from the context menu of the topic you want to remove a link from.
- Click on the Objectives tab.
- Click Remove Learning Objective from the context menu of the associated learning objective you want to remove.
- Click Close.
- Status settings and their effects
- Linking competency elements (adding a parent or child)
- Viewing the entire structure (viewing all descendants)
- Creating nested competencies structures
- Linking a competencies element to multiple parents
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.