Evaluating a quiz or grade item activity manually
The Quizzes and Grades tools provide an opportunity for automatic evaluation because they track the numeric sore of the user. Holistic (one-dimensional) rubrics can have a scale between 1 and 100, and enable you to automatically evaluate the rubric.
If you select an analytic (two-dimensional) rubric with multiple criteria, you must score it manually; as in cases where judgment is required for assigning a grade (e.g., if a quiz includes long answer, essay questions).
To configure a quiz or grade item activity for manual evaluation, you must set the Assessment Type to Rubric and select the Manually Assess check box.
You can configure a quiz or grade item activity from the Edit Activity page.
Manually assess a quiz activity
- Click Quizzes on the navbar.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click Grade from the context menu of the quiz you want to evaluate.
- Click the Overall Grade link for the user you want to evaluate.
- In the Objective-based Assessment section of the Grade Attempt page, fill in the associated rubric.
- Click Save.
Tip Select an attempt from the Overall Results section to view a user's responses.
Manually assess a grade item activity
- Click Grades on the navbar.
- On the Enter Grades page, click Grade All from the context menu of the grade item you want to assess.
- Click the Objective-based Assessment icon for the user you want to evaluate.
- Fill in the associated rubric.
- Click Save.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.