Creating a learning objective
- On the Competencies List page, click Learning Objective from the New button.
- Enter a Name and Description for the learning objective.
Tip Use a name that clearly identifies the learning objective.
- You can enter an Additional Identifier for the learning objective. This field typically refers to an academic standard related to the learning objective.
- If you want to restrict the types of activities that can be associated with this learning objective, choose Yes in the Enforced Assessment Method section, then select the activity types you want to allow.
Note You cannot change this setting once the learning objective is saved.
- Choose whether the learning objective is Ready for Evaluation. Users cannot complete the learning objective if No is selected.
- Click Save.
Alternative ways to create a learning objective
|From the Structure page of a Competency, select Add Child > New Learning Objective||The new learning objective will automatically be attached to the competency|
|Copy an existing learning objective||If the new learning objective’s properties or associated activities is similar to an existing one, this will save time|
- Suspending re-evaluation of a learning objective
- Linking competency elements (adding a parent or child)
- Copying competencies, learning objectives, and activities
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.