Making changes to an approved competency
When a competency’s status is Approved, there are a number of changes you cannot make:
- revise properties of the competency
- attach learning objectives
- add new learning objectives or sub-competencies
- remove learning objectives or sub-competencies
If you need to make these changes, you must first change the competency’s status to "Draft" or "In Review".
If you make any changes that require a re-evaluation of user progress, users are re-evaluated when you save the competency. If your organization uses manual re-evaluation, you must manually initiate this re-evaluation: go to the Competency Results page for the competency and click the Re-evaluate button.
Not all changes require users to be re-evaluated. Changing the description of a learning objective, for example, has no effect on user achievement and does not trigger a re-evaluation.
A competency's status appears as read-only if you do not have permissions to modify it.
Modify an approved competency
- On the Competencies List page, click the competency you want to modify.
- Set the competency Status to "Draft" or "In Review", and click Save. Users who are working on the competency can no longer see it.
- Re-select the competency on the Competencies List page and make your modifications.
- When you are finished with changes, return to the competency's Edit Competency page and change the Status back to "Approved".
- Click Save.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.