Creating and adding events
Note As a student, you can only create Calendar events for your group.
Creating events in the Calendar
- Using the calendar menu, select the course for which you want to create the event.
- Click Create Event in the calendar content area.
- Click Add Content on the Create Event page to associate course content with the event.
- Enter Title, Description, and specify a date and time.
- Click Create.
You can also create events directly in the day, week, and month Calendar views by clicking a time or date.
- Select a specific group under Attendees. See Adding groups.
- Enter information about recurrences and restrictions. See Manage event recurrence and restrictions for more information.
- Enter any useful URLs in the description or custom location field. They will appear as clickable links in the event details view.
- Enter a Location.
Note To add and remove content to an event after you have already created it, click the context menu for the event name in agenda view; or, click the event in the calendar content area and click Edit.
- In the calendar menu, click on a course to set it as the current calendar.
- Click a time interval on a specific day to create an event within that course.
- Enter a Title and select Attendees if applicable.
If you have more than one group participating in the same course event during different time intervals, you can create multiple instances of the same event, tailored to each group’s needs. The group events share the name and description fields, but once you finish creating the group events in bulk, they display as individual events.
To read more about how you can create groups, see About Groups.
Add groups to an event
- In the Attendees section, select the group you’d like to customize an instance of the event for.
- Select Add Groups/Sections.
- On the Add Groups page, select a group.
- Fill in the details for the event.
Note This option will only be available if you have already created a group for your course.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.