Creating survey questions
Question types available to the Surveys tool are similar to the questions available in the Quizzes and Self Assessments tools. Surveys can contain the following question types:
- True or False (T/F)
- Multiple Choice (MC)
- Multi-Select (M-S)
- Long Answer (LA)
- Short Answer (SA)
- Multi-Short Answer (MSA)
- Fill in the Blanks (FIB)
- Matching (MAT)
- Ordering (ORD)
- Arithmetic (2+2)
- Significant Figures (x10)
- Likert (LIK)
You can also create the following information items:
You cannot import Likert questions to quizzes and self assessments because they are unique to surveys only.
The system automatically omits solutions to questions when you import questions to surveys.
The system automatically omits points value and difficulty level indicators when you import questions to surveys.
Tip As a best practice, we recommend that you create all survey questions within the Question Library. This enables you to reuse questions in various quizzes, surveys, and self assessments.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Manage Surveys page, click Question Library from the tool navigation. Questions in the Question Library are shared between Self Assessments, Quizzes, and Surveys.
- While editing or creating a survey, click Add/Edit Questions in the Layout/Questions tab.
- In the Question Library or the Add/Edit Questions area of the Surveys tool, click the question type or information item you want to create from the New button. See Survey question types for detailed information about creating each question type and information item.
All survey question types allow you to include Feedback. Feedback enables you to provide added information as a basis for improving content comprehension after a user response.
- Creating surveys
- Managing surveys
- Managing survey questions
- About Question Library
- Creating questions in the Question Library
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.