You can associate a survey with a set of learning objectives and a competency that you want people taking your course to master. You can also evaluate the survey using a rubric.
Associating a survey with a learning objective
Use the Objectives tab on a survey's Edit page to associate the survey with a learning objective. By associating a survey with a learning objective, you can tie the assignment to a competency you want your users to master. This association can be a basic association or an association with a rubric-based assessment.
See About Competencies for information on the levels of association.
You can also evaluate the survey using a rubric.
Associate a survey with learning objectives
- On the Manage Surveys page, click on the survey you want to associate with learning objectives.
- In the Objectives tab, click Associate Learning Objectives.
- Browse or search for learning objectives, select the check boxes for the learning objectives you want to add.
- Click Add Selected.
Note If you want to include an assessment for the associated learning objective, click Add Assessment from the context menu of the learning objective and follow steps 3-7 in Add an assessment to a learning objective associated with a survey.
- On the Manage Surveys page, click on the survey that contains the learning objective you want to associate with an assessment.
- In the Objectives tab, click Add Assessment from the context menu of the learning objective you want to evaluate.
- Click Select Rubric, or click Create Rubric in New Window. See Creating a Rubric for information on creating effective rubrics, and see Evaluating activities in a competency to learn more about associating activities with learning objectives.
- Select a rubric from the list of rubrics, or Search for a specific one, then click Save.
- Select a Criteria from the drop-down list.
- If you want to make the activity required, select The activity is required to complete learning objective, then select a level for the rubric from the Threshold drop-down list.
- Click Save.
Edit assessments and learning objectives associated with a survey
If you have permissions to edit a survey's associated learning objectives and assessments, click Edit Learning Objective or Edit Assessment from the context menu of the learning objective or assessment you want to modify.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.