Table of contents
- Edit a quiz
- Quick Edit quiz properties
- Copy a quiz
- Preview a quiz
- Reorder quizzes
- Delete a quiz
- Publish quizzes to a learning object repository
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click on the quiz you want to edit.
- Make your changes and click Save and Close.
Manage multiple quizzes at the same time. You can edit common properties such as name, category, active status, and number of attempts allowed.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, select the check box beside each quiz you want to edit.
- Click the Quick Edit Quizzes icon.
- Make your changes and click Save.
A copied quiz contains all of the questions from the original quiz. Copying is a quick and simple way to create a quiz that assesses prior and current understanding of course materials.
Note You can only copy quizzes within the same course.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click Copy from the More Actions Button.
- Select your survey from the Quiz to Copy drop-down list.
- Edit the quiz copy's name in the New Quiz Name field.
- Select a status from the New Quiz Status drop-down list.
- Select Edit quiz after copy completes if you want to go to the Edit page after creating your copy.
- Click Save.
The quiz preview option allows you to test the accuracy of content and grading before you release a quiz. In a preview, you can answer the questions, view allowed hints, submit the quiz, auto-grade answers, read feedback, and view report results.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click Preview from the context menu of the quiz you want to preview.
- Clear the Bypass Restrictions check box if you want to view the quiz with user restrictions turned on.
- Click Start Quiz!.
- Preview your quiz. Click Exit Preview to return to Manage Quizzes page.
Change the order of quizzes in the Quiz List page. Quizzes reorder within their respective categories if more than one category exists.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click Reorder from the More Actions button.
- Use the drop-down lists in the Sort Order column to select the order of an item. Other items automatically reposition themselves according to the new order.
- Click Save.
Note To reorder categories, see Creating and managing quiz categories.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click Delete from the More Actions button.
- Select the check box beside the quiz you want to delete.
- Click Delete Selected.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click Publish to LOR from the context menu of the quiz you want to publish.
- Choose a Destination Repository from the drop-down list and select if you want to Overwrite an existing object or Create new object. You can have large files or packages Publish in the background, which allows you to leave the page as the system publishes. You can check the publishing job's status later.
- Choose options for whether the object will be visible and/or publicly available.
- Only you and users with sufficient permission can view hidden learning objects and assets.
- You can change this option once the object/asset is published to the LOR.
- Publicly available objects are available to users without an ID and password to Learning Environment.
- Select the Creative Commons rights you want to associate with the learning object/asset. Creative Commons licensing enables you to retain copyright on your work while allowing different degrees of reuse to other users. For more information go to creativecommons.org.
- If you want to remove quizzes from the package, clear the check boxes beside the quizzes you do not want to publish. If you want to add, edit, or delete metadata, click the Edit Metadata icon beside a quiz. For information on editing metadata, see Adding metadata to a resource manually.
Note Associating a creative commons license automatically populates the metadata rights fields with this information.
- Click Next.
- Enter metadata such as a Title, Description, and Keywords for your learning object.
- Click Publish.
- Creating quizzes
- Creating and managing quiz categories
- Creating quiz questions
- Managing quiz questions
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.