Creating quiz questions
Question types available to the Quizzes tool are similar to the questions available in the Self Assessments and Surveys tools (except Likert questions). Quizzes can contain the following question types:
- True or False (T/F)
- Multiple Choice (MC)
- Multi-Select (M-S)
- Long Answer (LA)
- Short Answer (SA)
- Multi-Short Answer (MSA)
- Fill in the Blanks (FIB)
- Matching (MAT)
- Ordering (ORD)
- Arithmetic (2+2)
- Significant Figures (x10)
You can also create the following information items:
See Creating bonus quiz questions for information about creating bonus quiz questions.
Note As a best practice, we recommend that you create all quiz questions within the Question Library. This enables you to reuse questions in various quizzes, surveys, and self assessments.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click Question Library from the tool navigation. Questions in the Question Library are shared between Self Assessments, Quizzes, and Surveys.
- While editing or creating a quiz, click Add/Edit Questions in the Layout/Questions tab.
- In the Question Library or the Add/Edit Questions area of the Quizzes tool, select the question type or information item you want to create from the New button. See Quiz question types for detailed information about creating each question type and information item.
All quiz question types allow you to include Feedback and Hints. Feedback enables you to provide added information as a basis for improving content comprehension. Hints are useful for suggesting how to approach a question.
You can provide feedback comments at the end of a question such as what details instructors are looking for in an ideal response.
- Creating quizzes
- Managing quizzes
- Managing quiz questions
- About Question Library
- Creating questions in the Question Library
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.