Managing questions in the Question Library
Note The Question In Use page displays when you save changes to a shared question or information item. You can select the check box next to each quiz, self assessment, survey, and the Question Library in which you want to apply your current changes and click Save.
Table of contents
- Edit a question or section in the Question Library
- Preview a question in the Question Library
- Reorder questions or sections in the Question Library
- Delete a question or section from the Question Library
- Publish questions in the Question Library to a learning object repository
- On the Question Library page, click Edit from the context menu of the question or section you want to edit.
- Make your changes and click Save.
- Select the check box beside the questions you want to modify and click Edit Values to change points values, difficulty levels, and mandatory responses.
- Enter your Points value and select a difficulty level from the Difficulty drop-down list.
- Select the Mandatory check box to force a response. If you include mandatory questions in quizzes and surveys, users can only submit assessments after they attempt the mandatory questions.
If a quiz or survey is set to automatically submit after a time limit, it is submitted even if mandatory questions have not been completed.
Mandatory questions cannot be used in conjunction with the Prevent Moving Backwards setting.
- Click Save.
The preview page allows you to view the appearance of an individual question, as well as the comments and hints you might include with the question. If the question appears in more than one place, the preview page also displays a list of places the question is in use (e.g. quizzes, surveys, and self assessments).
- On the Question Library page, click Preview from the context menu of the question you want to preview.
- Click Done.
Change the order of questions displayed in the Question Library by reordering them in the question list.
- On the Question Library page, click Order.
- Select the check box beside the question and/or section you want to reorder, then click the Up or Down arrows to them through the list.
- Click Save.
- On the Question Library page, select the check box beside the question or section you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- On the Question Library page, select the check box beside the questions and sections you want to publish.
- Click Publish to LOR.
- Choose the destination repository and whether you'll overwrite an existing object or create a new one. You can publish large files or packages in the background, which allows you to leave the page while the system publishes. You can check the publishing job's status later.
- Choose options for whether the object will be visible and/or publicly available.
- Only you and users with sufficient permission can view hidden learning objects and assets.
- You can change this option once the object/asset is published to the LOR.
- Publicly available objects are available to users without an ID and password to Learning Environment
- Select the Creative Commons rights you want to associate with the learning object/asset. Creative Commons licensing enables you to retain copyright on your work while allowing different degrees of reuse to other users. For more information go to creativecommons.org.
- If you want to remove questions or sections from the package, clear the check boxes beside the question or section you do not want to publish. Clearing a section clears all its associated questions.
- If you want to add, edit, or delete metadata, click the Edit Metadata icon. For information on editing metadata, see Adding metadata to a resource manually.
Note Associating a creative commons license automatically populates the metadata rights fields with this information.
- Click Next.
- Enter metadata such as a Title, Description, and Keywords for your learning object.
- Click Publish.
Desire2Learn Help © 1999-2012 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.