Learning objectives are a type of ePortfolio item that enable you to take ownership of your learning by allowing you to manage and track personal learning goals.
- Associate learning objectives with artifacts, reflections, collections, and presentations that demonstrate progress toward your learning plan. If you submit a learning objective to a dropbox folder, its associated items go with it.
- Share learning objectives with rubrics attached to them to generate feedback and informal assessment from other ePortfolio users. (Items associated with a learning objective are not available to others unless you specifically share them.)
- Display learning objectives in presentations and add them to collections.
- Submit a learning objective to a dropbox folder for formal assessment. Associated items serve as evidence toward meeting the learning objective.
- Use learning objectives as an organizational tool by categorizing your ePortfolio items by learning experience.
- Delete learning objectives that are no longer relevant to your learning path.
Import learning objectives into your ePortfolio
If you are in an independent studies or co-op program, you might have the ability to directly import learning objectives into your ePortfolio.
- On the My Items page, click Learning Objective from the Add button.
- Click on the course you want to import learning objectives from.
- Select the check boxes beside the learning objectives you want to add.
- Click Import.
Associate items with learning objectives
Do one of the following:
- Click Associate Learning Objective from the context menu of an artifact, reflection, collection, or presentation.
- On the Edit page for an item, click Associate Learning Objectives.
- On the My Items page, select the items you want to associate with a learning objective, then click Associate Learning Objective from the More Actions button.