Associate a topic with learning objectives to measure a user's mastery of skills, abilities, and knowledge. You can use a rubric to evaluate a user's success at meeting the learning objective. See Evaluating discussion topic activities for information about assessing learning objectives linked to discussion topics.
Associate a topic with learning objectives
- On the Discussions List page, click Edit Topic from the context menu of the topic you want to associate with learning objectives.
- In the Objectives tab, click Associate Learning Objectives.
- Browse or Search for the learning objectives you want to associate with the discussion topic.
- Select the check boxes beside the learning objectives you want and click Add Selected.
Add an assessment to a learning objective associated with a topic
- On the Discussions List page, click Edit Topic from the context menu of the topic that contains the learning objective you want to associate with an assessment.
- In the Objectives tab, click Add Assessment from the context menu of the learning objective you want to evaluate.
- Click Select Rubric or Create Rubric in New Window. See Creating analytic rubrics and Creating holistic rubrics for information on creating effective rubrics and Associate a learning objective with an activity to learn more about associating activities with learning objectives.
- Select a Criteria from the drop-down list.
- If you want to make the activity required, select The activity is required to complete learning objective, then select a level for the rubric from the Threshold drop-down list.
- Click Save.
Edit assessments and learning objectives associated with topics
If you have permissions to edit a discussion topic's associated learning objectives and assessments, click Edit Learning Objective or Edit Assessment from the context menu of the learning objective or assessment you want to modify.