Course level org unit sharing groups are set up by a course designer and shared with users in a course.
Access course or department sharing groups
- Open a course (or other org unit).
Do one of the following:
- Click Edit Course on the navbar and then click Sharing Groups.
- Click Sharing Groups in the Course Administration widget.
Create a course or department sharing group
- On the course-level Sharing Groups page, click New Sharing Group.
- Give the group a Name and Description.
- Click Show Advanced Sharing Options.
Select the Automatically share items with this sharing group check box if you want this group automatically applied to all items that meet the group’s filters.
Important This setting forces all users (regardless of role) in the course to use this sharing group. Use the Role Filter to specify which roles the group should apply to.
If you selected the Automatically share items with this sharing group check box, complete the following steps:
Select whether you want the sharing group to be visible or hidden to users.
Important If you hide the sharing group, users will not be able to determine which items they are automatically sharing or the permissions other users have.
- Use the Type Filter options to specify which item types to apply the sharing group to.
- Use the Tag Filter options to restrict the sharing group to items that use specific tags.
- Use the Role Filter to specify which roles the sharing group is shared with.
- Select whether you want the sharing group to be visible or hidden to users.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Users.
- Browse for the users you want to add. Use the Search For field to narrow your browsing results. Users with cascading roles must perform a search to display results.
- Click on users or groups of users in the browse listing to add them to the Selected Users list. Click the Remove icon beside those users or groups of users you want to remove from the Selected Users list.
- Select the permissions you want the selected users to have and click Add.
- Click Save and Close.