Grade users using a simple pass/fail grade scheme.
Create a pass/fail grade item
- On the Manage Grades page, click Item from the New button.
- Click Pass/Fail.
- Enter a Name for the grade item.
- You can enter a Short Name to display in the grade book.
- If you want the grade item associated with a category, select a category from the Category drop-down list or click New Category.
- Enter a Description of the grade item. If you want to make the description available to users, select Allow users to view grade item description.
- Enter the value you want the item to contribute towards the final grade in the Weight field for the weighted system or the Max. Points field for the points or formula system.
Select the Bonus check box if you want the item counted as a bonus item.
NoteBonus items are not counted towards the maximum points for a category or final grade. If available, you must select the Can Exceed check box, and the Bonus check box to allow users' grades to exceed the maximum points specified.
- If you are using the points system, you may also choose the Exclude from Final Grade Calculation option, if applicable. If you are using the weighted system you can accomplish the same results by setting the weight to 0%.
- Select a Grade Scheme to associate with the item.
- You can click Add Rubric to add a rubric, or click the Create Rubric in New Window link to create a new rubric.
- Select Display Options.
- Click Save and Close.