Formula grade items automatically grade users using a custom formula based on achievements in other grade items.
- Formula grade items cannot belong to a category.
- You must create all of the grade items you want to include in the formula grade item before you create the formula item.
- Formula grade items cannot contribute to the calculated final grade unless you are using the Formula grading system.
Create a formula grade item
- On the Manage Grades page, click Item from the New button.
- Select Formula.
- Enter a Name for the grade item.
- You can enter a Short Name to display in the grade book.
- Enter a Description of the grade item. If you want to make the description available to users, select Allow users to view grade item description.
- Enter the value you want the item graded out of in the Max. Points field.
- Click Edit Using the Formula Editor to define a calculation formula. See Creating a formula in the Grades Formula Editor for more information.
- If you want users to be able to receive a grade higher than the Max. Points specified, select Can Exceed.
- Select a Grade Scheme to associate with the item.
- You can click Add Rubric to add a rubric, or click the Create Rubric in New Window link to create a new rubric.
- Select Display Options.
- Click Save and Close.