Users submit their work to a dropbox folder. Information you create in the dropbox folder about evaluation methodology, details about rubric assessments, associations with learning objectives, instructions, and clarifications on work expectations appear to users in the "Folder Information" area on the Submit Files page.
Create a dropbox folder
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click New Folder.
- Enter a Name.
Select a Folder Type:
- Individual submission folder Select this option if you want each user to have their own submission.
Group submission folder Select this option if you want one submission per group. You must associate the folder with a Group Category.
NoteGroup submission areas are marked on the Dropbox Folders page with the Group Submissions icon. Any group member can submit and view files for a group dropbox folder.
- Select from the Category drop-down list if you want to assign a category. You can click the New Category link to create a new category.
- Associate the dropbox folder with a Grade Item if you want submissions tied to an item in your grade book. Click the New Grade Item link to create a new grade item for the dropbox folder.
Enter a value in the Out Of field for the assignment score.
TipIf you associate the folder with a grade item, maintain consistency for your students by matching the value of the Out Of field to the grade item's Max. Points value.
- If you associate the dropbox folder with a grade item, you can click Edit Display Settings from the Student View Preview context menu to edit how grades display to students.
- Click Add Rubric to associate the dropbox folder with a rubric. Click the Create Rubric in New Window link if you want to create a new rubric. You can also select an existing rubric and set it as the Default Scoring Rubric.
- Add Instructions for users.
- You can select the Allow users to add this folder to their ePortfolio check box if you want to allow users to include dropbox submissions as ePortfolio artifacts.
- You can include attachments such as a file, an audio recording, or a video recording.
- Select the submission options you want.
- Click Save.