Display a user's cumulative achievement across multiple grade items with a calculated grade item.
- Calculated grade items cannot belong to a category.
- Calculated grade items cannot contribute to the calculated final grade.
Create a calculated grade item
- On the Manage Grades page, click Item from the New button.
- Select Calculated.
- Enter a Name for the grade item.
- You can enter a Short Name to display in the grade book.
- Enter a Description of the grade item. If you want to make the description available to users, select Allow users to view grade item description.
- If you want users’ grades to be able to exceed the total value of the item, select Can Exceed.
- Select a Grade Scheme to associate with the item.
- In the Calculation section, select the check boxes beside the items you want to include in the calculation. Clicking a category selects all grade items in the category. Clicking the check box at the top or bottom of the list selects all items.
- Select a Milestone Grade Calculation or Final Grade Calculation method (these options are not available in a Points grading system).
- You can click Add Rubric to add a rubric, or click the Create Rubric in New Window link to create a new rubric.
- Select Display Options.
- Click Save and Close.