Create and edit your personal profile through the Profile tool. Filling out your profile is optional, but this feature is a great way for social networking and meeting other users in a course.
Your profile information can appear in the Classlist and ePortfolio presentations. Your profile picture might appear next to your discussion posts, your name in classlists, and ePortfolio contributions.
Profile information also appears on profile cards, which display whenever you hover over or click on the thumbnail image of a user, if your organization enables this feature.
Depending on the information you include in your profile and what your organization enables, profile cards can show other users any of the following:
- your role in the organization
- your picture, or a generic image
- your personal tagline
- a link to your personal homepage
- your online status
- icons that link to the social networks you belong to
- links to contact you via Desire2Learn Email or the Pager tool
Note Missing information from your profile will not appear on your profile card.
Create your personal profile
- Click Profile from your personal menu on the minibar.
- Fill in the text fields. You can enter information about your social networks, contact information, education and work, and personal details such as your birth date, hobbies, and favorite things.
- If you want to upload and display a profile picture, click Change Picture, browse and select your image, then click Done.
- Click Save and Close.
Note You can view and edit your profile from Classlist. You can also edit your tagline directly on your profile card.