Reflections can be independent ePortfolio items or associated with artifacts, learning objectives, collections, or presentations. Associating reflections with other items helps other users see the relationship between the items and makes it easier to revisit your goals and assumptions later.
Reflections are only visible to other users if you share them, associate them with an item, or add them to a collection or presentation.
- When you share a reflection that is associated with an item, users can only view the name of the associated item unless that item is also shared with them.
- Sharing an item associated with a reflection allows users to view the reflection as part of the item.
- If you include a reflection in a collection or presentation, it inherits the permissions of that collection or presentation.
See Understanding cascading permissions for more information about how associations affect sharing in ePortfolio.
Associate a reflection with an artifact, learning objective, collection, or presentation
- Click Edit from the context menu of an existing reflection.
- Click Add in the Associated Items section.
- Select whether you want to associate the reflection with an Artifact, Collection, Presentation, or Learning Objective.
- Select the items you want to associate from the list that appears, then click Add.
- On the Edit Reflection page, click Save and Close.