Creating a navbar
- You cannot add all tools and functionality to a navbar. Some tools are only accessible in widgets and on the minibar.
- Since the minibar contains links to My Home, courses, Email, Pager, and user settings, the links on your navbar should primarily be tools participants need to complete course work.
Create a navbar
- On the Navbars page, click Create Navbar.
- Enter a Name and Description for your navbar.
- If you want to select a different navbar theme, click Change Theme.
- Click Create Custom Link in a link area if you want to create and add a custom link to the area. Complete the Create Custom Link form and click Create.
- Click Add Links in a link area to add existing links and link groups to a navbar. Select the check boxes beside the links you want to add and click Add. Click and drag a link to move it to a different link area or reorder it within the same link area.
- If your navbar theme includes a Title panel, you can click on it to modify the title displayed. Make your changes and click Hide Properties.
- Consider renaming each link area's heading to provide better wayfinding language for screen reader users. See Rename a link area for more information about renaming link areas.
- Click Save and Close.