Use the Content tool to access course materials, complete required activities, and monitor your completion progress on topics contained within each course module.
The Content tool has four main areas:
- Overview An overview of the course and information about course expectations.
- Bookmarks Lists the topics you bookmark. Click the Add Bookmark icon while viewing a topic to add it to your bookmarks list. The number beside the Bookmarks link indicates how many bookmarks you added within the course.
- Upcoming Events Lists course material due dates, start dates, end dates, and other course events for the next seven days. Dates listed on this page are not exclusive to Content topics; upcoming events include all events within the course from the Calendar tool. The number beside the Upcoming Events link indicates how many upcoming events you have.
- Table of Contents Browse course materials and assignments here. The number beside a module listed in the Table of Contents panel indicates how many topics within the module you need to complete. The number decreases as you work through course materials.
Student view of the Content tool's Table of Contents page
The Content tool enables instructors to post and organize course content so that information about course expectations, course syllabus, lecture notes, and important dates display to users clearly.
Course materials you post in Content can include documents, images, media files, CaptureCast presentations, URL links, and activities (e.g. chat, checklists, discussions, dropbox folders, forms, quizzes, self assessments, and surveys). You can add release conditions, grade items, and learning objectives to topics to ensure users navigate through course materials while fulfilling specific course requirements and learning expectations.
You can also monitor class and user progress as students work through course content by setting automatic (determined by the system) or manual (determined by the student) completion tracking. Track completion on a student-by-student and class basis directly in the Content interface, or by viewing user progress and class progress in the User Progress tool. See Viewing class and user progress for more information.
Access the Content tool
Click Content on the navbar.
Content help topics
- Understanding the organization of Content
- Creating modules and topics
- Managing modules and topics
- Using HTML document templates
- Creating and arranging your course content using drag and drop
- Associating course objects with learning objectives
- Using completion tracking and viewing class and user progress
- Content display settings