The Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
The CQI Steering Committee is a team of faculty and staff that was appointed by the Provost in early September 2005. It is charged to oversee the following activities by serving as a Communication Nerve Center to build a sustainable vehicle that will carry MSUB to the future:
- Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Position MSUB for fall 2008 NW Commission accreditation campus visit.
- Position MSUB for Programmatic Accreditations and the Board of Regents program review mandates.
- Develop operational guidelines to Integrate the university’s values (who are we?), mission (what do we claim to do), integrity (are we doing it), effectiveness (How well are we doing it), and evaluation (How do we know).
- Understand the needs of the people who are served by MSUB.
- Identify and define measures of success.
- Brainstorm potential change strategies for improvement.
- Plan, collect, and use data for facilitating effective decision making.
- Apply the scientific method to test and refine changes.
- To gather evidence (Acquire knowledge of the system needing improvement and collect data) and conduct analysis (what do the data tell us) for future planning (what are we doing as a result).
The Committee (*Co-chairs)