Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
(AKA Steering Committee on Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities Accreditation Visit)
The CQI Steering Committee is a team of faculty and staff that was appointed by the Provost in early September 2005. It is charged to oversee the following activities by serving as a Communication Nerve Center to build a sustainable vehicle that will carry MSUB to the future:
- Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Position MSUB for fall 2008 NW Commission accreditation campus visit.
- Position MSUB for Programmatic Accreditations and the Board of Regents program review mandates.
- Develop operational guidelines to Integrate the university’s values (who are we?), mission (what do we claim to do), integrity (are we doing it), effectiveness (How well are we doing it), and evaluation (How do we know).
- Understand the needs of the people who are served by MSUB.
- Identify and define measures of success.
- Brainstorm potential change strategies for improvement.
- Plan, collect, and use data for facilitating effective decision making.
- Apply the scientific method to test and refine changes.
- To gather evidence (Acquire knowledge of the system needing improvement and collect data) and conduct analysis (what do the data tell us) for future planning (what are we doing as a result).
The Committee (*Co-chairs)
|Dr. Barber, Michael||Chief Information Officer|
|Mr. Barfield, Eakle||Director, Facilities Services|
|Mr. Campbell, Michael||College of Business (Accounting)|
|Mr. Carr, Robert||Interim Dean, College of Professional Studies and Lifelong Learning|
|*Dr. Fishbaugh, Mary Susan||Interim Dean, College of Education|
|Mr. Gagnon, Vern||Instructor, Automotive Technology|
|Dr. Heikel, Karen||Dean, College of Professional Studies and Lifelong Learning|
|Dr. Hobbs, Sharon,
|College of Education (Education)|
|Ms. Howell, Jane||Director, Library Services|
|*Dr. Khaleel, Tasneem||Dean, College of Arts and Sciences|
|Dr. Klippenstein, Stacy||Vice-Chancellor for Student Affairs|
|Ms. Martinez, Valerie||Associate Dean, College of Technology|
|Dr. Redinger, Matt||College of Arts and Sciences (History)|
|Mr. Roberts, Brent||Associate Director, Library Services|
|Ms. Rukstad, Patty||Administrative Associate, CQI/NWCCU Office|
|Dr. Schaffer, Rachel||College of Arts and Sciences (English)|
|Dr. Steerey, Lorrie||College of Business (Information Systems)|
|Mr. Sullivan, David||Counselor, Graduate Studies|
|Mr. Tirrell, Tim||Director, Online Learning Operations|
|Ms. Weatherwax-Ripley, Sharon||Director of Outreach, College of Professional Studies|
|Ms. Wham, Linda||Institutional Research Analyst, Information Technology|
|Dr. White, George||Interim Provost and Academic Vice Chancellor|