Work Study Service Team
The Office for Community Involvement aims to engage students in meaningful service that fits wells with the student’s expertise, interests, and future career goals. We work closely with agencies to identify critical community needs and help provide solutions through work study opportunities.
The Service Team stands out among traditional work-study positions by personally and professionally connecting each team member with Non-profit agencies as well as with other members of the Service Team. Service Team members serve in leadership roles with the intention of fostering a deeper sense of civic responsibility while recognizing needs within our community and working to be part of the solution.
Service Team members have a great advantage in working with non-profit agencies in our community to provide needed services for the agency, while personally gaining work experience and professional guidance in their intended field or area of interest. As a college student maintaining good grades, holding a job, and making positive social decisions, team members are in an influential position on campus, and will be looked upon as a leader and role model to peers on campus and the youth in the community.
Service Team Requirements
As a Service Team member, you will:
- Complete Work Study Award over two semesters.
- Remain committed to the agency until the end of Spring 2015 semester concludes.
- Attend bi-monthly team meetings/trainings.
- Participate in monthly 1 on 1 meetings with Program Manager.
- Turn in monthly Work Study summary and reflections to Program Manager.
- Participate in 1 Service Saturday per semester (Nov 8th & Feb 7th).
- Attend one MSUB Career Fair or Ask an Employer and submit reflection per semester.
- Attend one outside professional development event and submit reflection per semester.
Each Service Team member will receive his/her awarded work study stipend, as well as a Service Scholarship upon successful completion of the service commitment.
For more information or for an application to apply for the Service Team, please contact Jeff Rosenberry at 406-657-2376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.