Work Study Service Team
The Office for Community Involvement aims to engage students in meaningful service that fits wells with the student’s expertise, interests, and future career goals. We work closely with agencies to identify critical community needs and help provide solutions through work study opportunities.
The Service Team is a community of up to five work-study positions that work within a unique network of agencies throughout Billings. The Service Team stands out among traditional work-study positions by personally and professionally connecting each team member with Non-profit agencies as well as with other members of the Service Team. Service Team members serve in leadership roles with the intention of fostering a deeper sense of civic responsibility while recognizing needs within our community and working to be part of the solution.
Service Team members have a great advantage in working with non-profit agencies in our community to provide needed services for the agency, while personally gaining work experience and professional guidance in their intended field or area of interest. As a college student maintaining good grades, holding a job, and making positive social decisions, team members are in an influential position on campus, and will be looked upon as a leader and role model to peers on campus and the youth in the community.
Service Team Requirements
As a Service Team member, you will:
- complete your work-study award over two semesters
- remain committed to the agency until Spring semester has concluded
- attend bi-monthly team meetings
- participate in monthly 1-on-1 with Program Coordinator (this is an opportunity to gain additional support and guidance in your work in the community)
- participate in two Service Saturday activities/semester
- Assist in recruiting and connecting college students to meaningful service opportunities in the community
- Complete a monthly reflection log
- Attend agency trainings and comply with agency policies
For more information or for an application to apply for the Service Team, please contact Lauren Wright in the Office for Community Involvement at 406-896-5828 or at email@example.com.