Non-Degree Seeking Students

Applying to City College at MSU Billings

student at City College

An applicant who wishes to pursue studies for personal growth and who does not wish to work toward a formal degree at Montana State University Billings may apply as a non-degree student. Acceptance into this category does not constitute acceptance into a degree-granting program. All applicants should have sufficient educational background to qualify for the course or courses in which enrollment is sought and must certify on the application form that they have graduated from high school or have passed the General Education Development Test. A maximum of 32 semester hour credits earned as a non-degree student may be applied to an undergraduate degree at Montana State University Billings, if the applicant applies and is accepted into a degree program. Financial aid is not available to student in this category, nor may they qualify for the Western Undergraduate Exchange program. This category is not open to students currently on academic suspension from Montana State University Billings or on academic suspension from any other college or university. No academic credentials or transcripts are required in support of the application; however, non-degree students who later wish to change to degree program must furnish required supporting credentials and must meet all the regular admission requirements.


Back to: Getting Started at City College | Main City College Application Page