Yellowjacket Student Leadership Team - City College
The City College Student Leadership Team will play a key role in helping to develop a strong culture of student life at the City College. Their roles and responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a voice and representative group for City College students
- Providing a venue for staff to gain student feedback and input
- Providing 2-3 programs or events for City College students each semester (could be in partnership with other clubs)
- Serving as a liaison between student clubs and organizations that are looking for opportunities to connect to the City College (Student Activities Board, Student United Way, ASMSUB, Environmental Awareness Club, etc)
- Helping to promote student activities through hanging the campus leak on a weekly basis, setting up the weekly events board, and table tents or other venues.
- Representing the City College on the Student Life Team (1-2 members)
- Assisting with promoting the Annual Parent and Family Weekend to City College students and families and assisting with other campus events such as Preview Day, Career Days, etc.
- Attending bi-monthly leadership team meetings
- Facilitating student surveys to determine activities of interest for the students.
Leadership Team Composition
10 Members: 5 first year students, 5 second year students
*1st year students would also connect to the Experience Leadership Project (ELP)
Students would represent the various City College programs
All students would apply to be a part of the leadership team. Students will submit their application and a committee will review and select.
Benefits for Students
- Stipend ($200/year - $100/semester)
- Leadership skills and experiences
- Connection to campus
- Resume and Scholarship Experiences
- Networking Opportunities
Interim Dean of Students
Interim Student Success and Student Life Coordinator - City College