Athletic Training Program
The program provides didactic and a variety of clinical opportunities in collaboration with the community over the course of the two year program (including summers prior and during the two years). The faculty is committed to preparing athletic trainers who evidence the highest ideals of the Athletic Training profession.
The mission of the Montana State University Billings Athletic Training Program is to prepare future athletic training professionals, through educational challenges and clinical opportunities, who will then serve and contribute to the Athletic Training Profession through education, scholarship, clinical service, and professional involvement.
The goals of the athletic training program are to
- Expose athletic training students to a variety of clinical experiences to allow them to practice their skills and to become clinically proficient
- Afford athletic training students opportunities to be involved in professional development activities
- Produce athletic trainers who can think critically and can provide patient care as part of a healthcare team
- Prepare students to successfully challenge the BOC examination and enter the profession
Respect of all
Responsibility to others
Service to the profession
Engagement in lifelong learning
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to apply knowledge and skills to evaluate conditions and develop care plans
- Students will be able to provide patient centered care while working in a variety of settings, with diverse populations
- Students will be able to use evidence based practice to inform and deliver patient care