2011-2013 Undergraduate Catalog


Federal Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned their first bachelor’s degree.  Pell eligibility is determined by a formula developed by the U.S. Congress and is applied consistently to all applicants using the information reported in the FAFSA.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

This grant is awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned their first bachelor’s degree and have financial need.  Priority is given to students who receive Pell Grants.  Eligible students may receive up to $1,000 per year depending on need.

MTAP Grant, Montana Higher Education Grant

To qualify for one of the state grants, a student must be a Montana resident, be eligible for financial aid, and be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as an undergraduate student.  Enrollment in at least twelve credits is required for the MTAP grant.  Eligible students may receive awards up to $1000 per year depending on need.


Montana State University Billings has many scholarships available to students.  Any prospective or currently enrolled student may apply for a scholarship by completing a General Scholarship Application Form available online at www.msubillings.edu/finaid/Scholarships.htm.  Since the requirements and criteria are different for each scholarship, it is advisable for students to use the general application to be considered for all scholarships.  The Scholarship Application priority is February 1 for continuing and returning students.  New and transferring students can apply for scholarships when they apply for admission to the college.

NEXT: Employment

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings | webmaster@msubillings.edu