2011-2013 Undergraduate Catalog

Registration Regulations

Late Registration

Students are expected to complete registration within the dates stated.  For any delay beyond that period, unless such delay is caused by University officials, a late registration fee will be charged as stated in the General Bulletin.  Students permitted to register late must pay the full fees.  Students who fail to pay or do not have their fees arranged before the final fee payment day may have their classes deleted for that semester.

Transcript(s) from Former School(s) and College(s)

All official records (transcripts) of former college study must be filed in the Office of Admissions and Records by new students (and by former students if they have attended other colleges since last attending MSU Billings) before registration is considered complete.  (See Non-Degree Policy and Procedures under Admissions Section.) Failure to file transcripts with the
Office of Admissions and Records within a reasonable time makes necessary the cancellation of a student’s registration.  Responsibility for securing transcripts rests with the student.

Adding Courses

Students may add courses during the first seven instructional days of each semester.  Students may add courses after the seventh instructional day and through the 15th instructional day only with the instructor’s and department chairperson’s approvals.

Repeated Courses

When a course which a student has previously attempted is repeated, only the most recent course credit and grade is calculated into the student’s grade point average, even if the most recent grade is lower.  (Note:  the original course and the grade remain on the official transcript in addition to the more recent course and grade).

No prerequisite course may be repeated if the more advanced course has been completed with a grade of “C” or better.  Exception may be considered upon appeal to the chairperson of the department in which the course is offered.

Veterans’ Credits (Credit for Military Service)

Credit may be granted for military service and for completed military service schools based upon the recommendations of “A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Forces.”  Inquiries about credit for military training and experience should be made at the Advising Center.

Credit Recommended by the National College Credit Recommendation Service

Credit may be granted to students based on the recommendation of the National CCRS (National College Credit Recommendation Service).

NEXT: Academic Regulations

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings | webmaster@msubillings.edu