2011-2013 Undergraduate Catalog


Transfer Students

How to Apply

NOTE:  Students making application to attend Montana State University Billings should be aware that Admission Requirements may have changed since the publication of this document.  Please contact the Office of Admissions and Records (406) 657-2158 or 1-800-565-MSUB; or write to the Office of Admissions and Records, Montana State University Billings, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101-0298.

Applicants who have attempted 12 or more GPA credits at another accredited college or university are considered transfer students.  To be admitted to Montana State University Billings, transfer students must do the following:

  1. Complete and submit an application for admission.  Applications for admission may be obtained from college counselors or from the Office of Admissions and Records, Montana State University Billings, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101-0298.  You may call (406) 657-2158 or 1-800-565-MSUB to have this material sent to you or apply online at www.msubillings.edu.  Applications will be processed only for the term the applicant indicates on the application.

  2. Submit a $30.00 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order) with the application for admission.  A $40 nonrefundable fee is assessed to new graduate students.

  3. Transfer students must request official and complete transcripts from each college attended or a transcript which indicates that a baccalaureate degree has been earned and transcripts from any colleges attended after the degree was earned.  Transcripts must be sent from the transfer institution directly to the Office of Admissions and Records at Montana State University Billings.  All transcripts must be “official” and arrive in sealed, unopened envelopes.

  4. Before enrolling for an initial term, all post-secondary students must comply with immunization requirements of ARM 37.114.701-721:

    1. Students born in 1957 or later must provide evidence that they have received two measles and two rubella immunizations, with dose one administered at 12 months of age or later and dose two administered at least 28 days after dose one.  No measles vaccination before 1967 is valid.  No rubella vaccination before 1969 is valid.  As an alternative, a student may supply a laboratory report from a CLIA approved laboratory indicating that the student is immune to measles and/or rubella.
    2. Under ARM 37.114.711, a student may be conditionally enrolled for an initial term if the student has not received the second dose of measles and/or rubella vaccine provided they receive the second dose at least 28 days after the first dose and before the beginning of the succeeding school term.
    3. A student may be exempt from the above requirements for medical reasons (ARM 37.114.715) providing the student supplies a statement from a physician (MD or DO) holding a license to practice in the United States or Canada stating:  a) The specific immunization that is contraindicated; b) The time period the immunization is contraindicated; and c) The reasons for the contraindication
    4.  A student may be exempt from the above requirements for religious reasons providing the student supplies a notarized statement that immunizations are contrary to the student’s religious beliefs.  This notarized statement must be submitted annually by any student claiming a religious exemption (ARM 37.114.716).

Montana Resident Transfer Students will be admitted upon receipt of an official and complete transcript from each college or university attended.  A resident transfer student applicant must meet the criteria for “good academic standing” as defined by Montana State University Billings.  See page 493 of the General Bulletin.

Non-Montana Resident Transfer Students must meet the in-state student requirements and must also have a 2.00 cumulative grade point average for all college level work before his/her admission is approved.

When to Apply

Transfer applicants should apply for admission as early as possible prior to the term in which enrollment is desired.

NEXT: Transfer of College-Level Credits

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings | webmaster@msubillings.edu