Master of Science in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
The rehabilitation and mental health counseling curriculum is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) and focuses on preparing professionals for employment in a diversity of rehabilitation and mental health settings. Graduates of the program have found employment in state and federal agencies, community based rehabilitation and mental health centers, hospitals and rehabilitation facilities, schools and universities, and other private and public social services organizations.
Professional Practice Track
|EDF 530 Advanced Human Development and Learning||3|
|HADM 685 Research and Evaluation Methods||3|
|REHA 505 Theories of Counseling||3|
|REHA 507 Ethics in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling||3|
|REHA 508 Multicultural and Gender Issues in Counseling||3|
|REHA 594 Counseling Practicum||3|
|REHA 501 Principles of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling||3|
|REHA 502 Individual and Family Adjustment to Disability||3|
|REHA 503 Psychiatric Rehabilitation||3|
|REHA 504 Career and Lifestyle Development||3|
|REHA 515 Medical and Psychological Aspects of Disability||3|
|REHA 520 Group and Individual Evaluation||3|
|REHA 521 Advanced Individual and Group Counseling||3|
|REHA 525 Vocational Placement and Support||3|
|REHA 530 Case Management Principles and Plan Development||3|
|REHA 560 DSM-IV for Rehabilitation Counselors||3|
|REHA 596 Cooperative Education/Internship||3|
|REHA 596 Cooperative Education/Internship||9|
|Total minimum credits required for Professional Practice Track||60|
Student Learning and Outcome Assessment
- Develop knowledge and skills necessary to provide counseling and related services to diverse populations.
- Locate, read, evaluate and apply professional and academic literature to practice.
- Integrate counseling theory, research and practice into professional settings.
- Demonstrate continuing professional development*.
* Coursework from the Master of Science in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling program may be used in preparation for becoming a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) and a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC).
|Professional Core (same as Professional Practice Track)||6|
|Counseling Core (same as Professional Practice Track)||12|
|Professional Specialization (same as Professional Practice Track)||42|
|REHA 599 Thesis in Rehabilitation Counseling||6|
|Total minimum credits required for Thesis Track||66|