The Department of Rehabilitation and Human Services
Dr. Terry Blackwell, Chairperson
APS 107, (406) 896-5830
Professor: Terry Blackwell
Assistant Professor: Thomas Dell, Amber McDermott
Lecturer: Patricia Nichols
The Department offers and administers the following Graduate Degree program:
The mission of the Department of Rehabilitation and Human Services is to provide professional preparation of master’s level students with the knowledge and skills to improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities. This mission is achieved through various instructional, clinical and other programmatic activities.
Applicants seeking admission to the Master of Science in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling must submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Studies by the current graduate catalog deadline dates. No applications will be considered until all required information arrives at the Office of Graduate Studies. Application materials include:
- Completed MSU Billings Graduate Application
- Application Essay. The essay will be no more than four typed pages, double-spaced, and answer the following questions: Why have you chosen this career path? What strengths or assets do you bring to the program? How have your personal experiences influenced your decision to pursue a career in the counseling profession?
- Current Vita or resume.
- Complete official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can provide an evaluation of the applicant’s potential as a graduate student, professional abilities and potential for success in the field of counseling.
- Official notification of scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test.