2010-2012 Graduate Studies Catalog

Student Affairs & Related Phone Numbers

Academic Support Center 657-1641
Admissions and Records/Registrar/Transcripts 657-2158
Advising Center 657-2240
American Indian Outreach Office 657-2182
Associated Students of MSUB 657-2365
Athletics/Yellowjacket Sports 657-2369
Business Services / Cashier 657-2301
Campus Police/Parking 657-2147
Career Services & Cooperative Education 657-2168
Childcare & Enrichment Center 896-5820
COT Student Services (Jacket Student Central) 247-3012
D2L Support (Online Learning) 247-5755
Disability Support Services 657-2283
Diversity Center 896-5902
Educational Talent Search 657-2116
Facilities Service 657-2306
Financial Aid and Scholarship 657-2188
Housing and Residential Life 657-2333
Information Technology (Help Desk) 247-5755
Jackets & Company (Bookstore) 657-2121
New Student Services/Orientation 657-2888
Office for Community Involvement 896-5815
ROTC/Military Science 247-5733
Student Health Services 657-2153
Student Opportunity Services 657-2162
Student Union & Activities 657-2387
U-Card / ID Cards 657-2023
Upward Bound 657-2180
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs 657-2307

Housing and Residential Life

SUB 221, (406) 657-2333

Montana State University Billings provides on-campus living facilities for students who are pursuing higher education.  The residence halls offer a convenient living environment for students who are seeking an education at MSU Billings.  Participation in hall programs and group activities is part of the complete experience the residence hall provides.

Students living in the residence halls may select from a variety of living options.  These options include the following:  co-ed floors (women and men are housed on separate ends of the floor divided by a common lounge area), co-ed singles floor (additional single room price added at registration), or single sex floor (females only).  Living learning community floors: Wellness & Healthy Living in Rimrock Hall (preferred upper classman and non-traditional), Experience Leadership Project in Petro Hall (freshman students preferred), and an Honors Area in Petro Hall.

Students with disabilities are encouraged to make arrangements for any specific needs with the Office of Housing and Residential Life and Disability Support Services prior to moving on campus.

Once students have claimed their reservations by checking into the hall, they are obligated financially for the remainder of that semester or contract period.  If a student is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must also sign the contract.

Housing Contract

Residents who sign their Housing Applications and pay their $100.00 Room Damage Deposit to reserve a room have entered into a legally binding agreement with MSU Billings for the purchase of housing.  Once a student has moved into the residence halls and accepted or signed for a room key, he/she is financially obligated by the contract for the entire term, and may only be released for the following reasons:

  1. Withdrawal from the MSU Billings.
  2. Graduation from the MSU Billings.
  3. Internship or student teaching assignment out of the area
  4. Medical condition
  5. Extreme financial circumstances
  6. Marriage
  7. Academic suspension
  8. Disciplinary suspension

Any student wishing to cancel a Housing Contract for an upcoming term must notify the Office of Housing and Residential Life in writing at least two weeks prior to the first day of classes in order to be eligible to receive a Room Deposit Refund.  Additional charges may apply if canceling between semesters.

Room and board rates, programs, and rules and regulations governing the residence halls are subject to change without notice.

An optional installment plan is available for payment of room and board.  Students may pay room and board in full at the beginning of each term or select the installment plan.  This selection is made in conjunction with regular fee payments.

Dining Services

(406) 657-2382

Montana State University Billings dining service provides four separate locations on campus.  Rimrock Cafe offers a variety of retail breakfast and lunch options, and all-you-care-to eat dinner buffet.  Rimrock Cafe features Grill 155°, a Salad Bar, from-scratch Soups, Fresh Creations featuring made-to-order deli sandwiches and wraps, Ultimate Baja fresh-Mex, International Stir-Fry & Sauté, Home-style Entrees or Hot Sandwiches, and assorted beverages and desserts.  Stingers coffee house, also located in the SUB, features  lattes, cappuccinos, smoothies, Italian sodas, assorted bottled beverages, and convenient Smart Market and Casual Bakery grab-n-go items.  LA Express, located in the Liberal Arts Building, offers a variety of quick food items, snacks and beverages, and our coffee kiosk featuring Seattle’s Best Espresso Beverages, Smart Market and Casual Bakery grab-n-go items.  Our COT Cafe includes beverages, Smart Market and Casual Bakery grab-n-go products, continental breakfast including hot breakfast sandwiches, a daily grill, pizza, from-scratch soups, and a fresh salad bar.

Residence Hall students are required to purchase 1 of 4 different meal plans each semester for dining service use.  Meal Plans consist of Dining Dollars and Block Meals.  Block meals are used for an all-you-care-to-eat dinner in Rimrock Café, while Dining Dollars can be used in any of our dining venues including Rimrock Café, Stingers, LA Express, and COT Cafe.  Faculty, staff and commuter students may purchase “U-Card” dollars that are placed on their ID card, and the ID card then serves as a “prepaid” debit card.  “U-Card” dollars may be used to purchase snacks or meals in any of the dining operations.  Additionally, faculty, staff and commuter students may purchase a small block of 6, 12, or 18 meals for a discounted rate from the door rate to use in Rimrock Cafe for all-you-care-to eat dinners.  “U-Card” dollars and Block Meals can be purchased from the MSU Billings Business Operations Office located McMullen Hall or the Housing Office, SUB 221.

For more information, please contact the MSU Billings Business Operations Office (406) 657-2023 or Housing and Residential Life (406) 657-2333.

NEXT: Student Union and Activities

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings | webmaster@msubillings.edu