Special Graduate Admissions
International students must meet all admission requirements of Montana State University Billings in addition to the following:
- Certified copies of all certificates, degrees, and diplomas with a certified translation of the records.
- Certified statements from a reliable financial institution, bank or U.S. citizen who will accept responsibility for the student’s financial obligations. The statements must certify that the applicant will have a minimum of $12,000 (U.S.) available for each year of study.
- Statement of degree objectives (area of major interest).
- Students from non-English speaking countries must provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- For applicants who have completed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam, a minimum score of 550 is required on the paper-based test and 80 on the internet-based test.
Official results should be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records, Montana State University Billings, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101-0298. Requests for information on test procedures can be found at www.toefl.org or can be directed to the following address: Test of English as Foreign Language, PO Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08540.
- Conditional/Provisional Admission Option: Applicants who do not have the required English language proficiency test score for full admission to MSU Billings but are academically qualified, may be considered for conditional/provisional admission through required attendance in the Intensive English Language Program. This program waives the TOEFL requirement for international students with the understanding that each international student must successfully complete the program levels through consistent progress during each 8-week session. For more information on the conditional/provisional admission option, please contact the Office of International Studies and Outreach at (406) 657-1705 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate seniors at Montana State University Billings who are within one semester of completing all requirements for their undergraduate degree will be allowed to enroll for up to eight (8) semester credits at the 500 level. Under no circumstances will undergraduate students be permitted to enroll in courses numbered 600 and above.
Enrollment must be approved by the Director of Graduate Studies. The student must complete the completed Application for Undergraduate Students to take graduate level classes (available on the website www.msubillings.edu/grad). A student must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00 in his/her major.
If a student takes graduate coursework as an undergraduate, those credits may be applied subsequently toward a graduate degree only if they are not used to meet undergraduate requirements for graduation.
Please call the Business Office (406-657-2301) or visit the website (www.msubillings.edu/boffice) for information on tuition.
NEXT: Extension Credits