Advising & Career Services

When Am I Eligible to Participate in the Co-Op Ed Program?

Eligibility for a Co-Op Ed internship includes these criteria:

  • Be currently enrolled in MSUB degree or certificate program, and the Co-Op experience must fit your major/minor field of study. This assures that the internship will provide you with new learning that's relevant to your future career.
  • Have completed a minimum of 24 college credits. This establishes your study habits and gives you classroom knowledge that prepares you to add value for your employer.
  • Meet a minimum grade point average that varies by discipline.  For example, College of Business requires its interns to hold 3.0 minimum GPA while other Colleges may require GPA of 2.0. 

    If your grades aren't what they should be, taking on an internship may further jeopardize your academic standing.

Review Worker's Compensation & insurance guidelines for student interns.

When Should I Begin to Plan for a Co-Op Ed Internship?

If you would like to do your internship in... Start your application
with Co-Op Ed the previous...
Fall April
Spring November
Summer March

Individuals with disabilities who require accommodations may review Policies & Procedures.

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings |